My flickr site

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Januray 2010 - Marks sells a guitar...





Mark got a new Martin guitar about 3 years ago at the Bluegrass Festival and his old one got played less and less. Then, last summer Mark got another new Martin - a smaller one - for walking the jams (he says). He was so happy with this one, that Lee got one, too (see them both in the New Year's Eve photos). Well, now the old Martin got played even less, so... time to let someone else play it. He listed it on Craig's list and got one of those people who claimed to have sent a money order to him for more than the asked amount and would he please send him the 'extra' money back. He figured out it was a scam, and instead brought it to a local shop and they bought it. I just had to put it here - memories, you know. He used that guitar to sing to me at our second bluegrass festival - I was in the tent, full moon, shadow of my sweetheart singing a very romantic song - a memory that will stay with me forever!

"As Lovely As You"

A big moon is risin'
So bright in the sky
But it won't shine brighter
Than the stars in your eyes
         It rises above me
         So bright and so blue
         And I won't see anyone
         As lovely as you
Take me into the night
Pass these lonely dreams in my heart
I love you  more than I can show you
More than I can know in my heart

          So lay down beside me
         And hold me tonight
         For your love has found me
         And it feels so right
These thoughts in my mind
Are so scattered and few
But I won't see anyone
As lovely as you
         Take me into the night
         Pass these lonely dreams in my heart
         I love you  more than I can show you
         More than I can know in my heart
(ALAN JACKSON LYRICS)


He also used that to write and sing most of his original songs - Midnight Rainbow, Cross Like a Beacon and many, many more. Of course, the new guitars are great, too, and the songs are his to keep singing with whatever guitar he has.  

No comments:

Post a Comment